MEDICAL INSURANCE COVERAGE INFORMATION
First of all we hope no incident or accident will occur during your visit to the Rip Curl School of Surf, but if it does we are ready; the Rip Curl School of Surf has well rehearsed emergency and crises procedures to handle any situation that may occur. The Rip Curl School of Surf has an extremely comprehensive liability, accident and medical insurance policy to cover all incidents and accidents that may occur during your transport to and from and or during your program at our schools. We work with the best medical facilities on the island and have preferential agreements allowing us to our students straight in the door and right to the doctor. However let us also help you by explaining the reason why it is in your benefit if you have your own medical or travel insurance policy to use this apposed to ours.
Our medical insurance only covers our students for accident and medical related expenses in Indonesia and if you required further doctor visitation or follow up specialist treatment on your return home or in another country; then we are unable to assist. However if you have your own travel or medical insurance then the benefits from this policy will generally cover you for medical evacuation and continued treatment during your further travels or once your home. Please also be aware that if you attempt to claim on your personal travel or medical insurance after the incident or accident has occured and that you were covered by third party insurance company (our insurance); then most personal travel or medical insurance companies will not accept any further claims in relation to this same incident, accident or injury.
We have consulted with our partner medical facilities and they are able to except you immidiately under our policy and then once the hospital has contacted and confirmed with your personal travel or medical insurance company, immidiately switch to your policy and coverage. So you would be double covered and you’ll able to benefit fully from your personal policy. So please rest at mind, we have you covered and will ensure your taken good care of during whatever situation occurs.
Please take a moment to fill out the below information and submit it.
In consideration of the acceptance of my offer to participate in lessons at the Rip Curl School of Surf, I have read, understood, approved and agree to the following terms and conditions:
None of the following Medical conditions apply to me
- HEART CONDITIONS
- A PREVIOUS INJURY THAT MAY REOCCUR
- I accept that the sport of surfing carries with it some degree of risk both to the person and property. Knowing the risk involved, I still wish to register for lessons with the Rip Curl School of Surf and so expressly agree to assume the risk of injury or damage while participating in this activity.
- I release, waive and hold harmless Rip Curl School of Surf, its officers, agents and/or employees from all claims, losses, damages or expenses during or in conjunction with my participation in Rip Curl School of Surf, including any claims for damage caused by the negligence of Rip Curl School of Surf, its officers, agents and/or employees, together with any cost including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claims, losses, damages or expenses whether valid or not.
- I also indemnify the Rip Curl School of Surf, its officers, agents and/or its employees against all claims losses damages, expenses or claim that any one or more of their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assignees may have and against any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claims, losses damages or expenses whether valid or not.
- If I am not a resident of Indonesia, I declare that I will not avoid Conditions (B) or (C) by commencing any legal action in another country.
- I declare and confirm that I am physically fit and have no conditions or injury that could be affected by this activity (as previously stated).
- I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary by Rip Curl School of Surf in the case of injury, accident or illness during the course of undertaking a surfing lesson and also agree to indemnify Rip Curl School of Surf in the respect of such medical treatment.
- I accept responsibility for the equipment, including surfboard, helmet and rash shirt in which the Rip Curl School of Surf has allocated to my name. I hereby agree to pay for all repairs or replacement in such case of negligence.
- I agree to waiver all responsibility and medical insurance coverage from the Rip Curl School of Surf when refusing to wear the supplied helmet.
- I agree that any films, sound or other recording of my surfing lessons will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of Rip Curl School of Surf. I also agree the company itself may use such recordings as it deems fit without any prior consent.
- I agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respect by and in accordance with the laws of Indonesia.